Male Genital Ulcer - Causes and Testing
*Exclusive in Hong Kong. Suitable for any body parts ulcer.
can be caused by infection, trauma, cancer and allergies. Some of the causes are unknown. The most common causes are
1. Sexual transmission of syphilis
2. Haemophilus influenzae infection of soft chancre
3. Herpes virus infection of genital herpes
These three kinds of sexually transmitted diseases are the main reasons of male genital ulcer.
Male genital ulcer
is caused by infection, trauma, cancer and allergies. This will lead to foreskin and male genital head (glans) inflammation. The general symptoms of male genital ulcer are :
1. Urethral orifice
2. Genital or foreskin wound
3. Foreskin gradually tightened
4. Smegma increased and increase odor
5. Feeling of tingling, paralysis or itching arond the genital or anal area
6. Small blisters may form around the genital area. These small blisters may burst, which will lead to ulceration and pain
8. Tingling sensation during urinating
Genital Ulcer can be transmitted by sexual contact, and it can be infected throughout the year. Experts advise that the cause of genital long-term ulcers needs to be identified early for targeted treatment in order to avoid secondary ulcers caused by infection, or transmission to other people.
Male Genital ulcer symptoms:
1. Syphilis: first stage with harden chancre
It usually appears in the glans, coronal sulcus, foreskin or lace area. The area of ulcer will be hardened, but patient will not feel obvious pain or other discomfort. If the sexual behavior is unclean, patient should seek for doctor consultation and perform a serological examination (e.g. Treponema pallidum virus). Patient should not ignore or delay medical examination, and strive for early diagnosis and treatment. Test Provided:
Treponema pallidum virus test
2. Genital Herpes (Herpes)
Also known as the third sexually transmitted diseases, it is one of the classic sexually transmitted diseases(STDs), caused by Haemophilus ducreyi, mainly through sexual contact. The disease is characterized by genital pain ulcers, often accompanied by inguinal lymph node purulent lesions. The average latency after infection was 2-3 days.
4. Foreskin Balanitis
Foreskin balanitis is often due to prepuce, smegma, and not paying attention to local hygiene. This will lead to the accumulation of dirt within the foreskin and bacterial infection, and hence symptoms onset. Early symptoms include glans and foreskin surface edema, congestion, reddish urethral area, the emergence of wounds and erosion. the symptoms can develop into superficial ulcers, purulent discharge outflow, and the patient will feel itchy or have a burning sensation followed by pain. After ulcer is developed, pus will be secreted and it will stink. Severe cases can lead to fatigue, fever, inguinal lymph node swollen and pain.
The Risks of Male Genital Ulcers
In the clinical practice, chronic male genital ulcers is the most common case. Chronic male genital ulcers will have different degrees of sexual dysfunctions and effects. Men who suffer from genital ulcer will
- Feel pain when engaging in sexual behaviors, which can affect his sexual life negatively
- have small cracks in the foreskin areas which causes swelling and pain
- face the chance of getting serious festering genitalia